2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Click here to visit the
The Scottsdale Unified School District (SUSD) will host a Positive Behavior Intervention Supports (PBIS) Film Festival from 5-7 p.m. on April 30 at Coronado High School, 7501 E. Virginia Ave. Scottsdale 85257. See PBIS Film Festival
On April 11, 2014 the Governing Board voted unanimously to adopt a modified schedule for K-5 elementary schools that includes a Wednesday early release. This decision was made after the following data was provided to the Board:
- 15 out of 19 elementary school principals prefer the early release Wednesday to a shortened schedule (9 a.m.- 3:10 p.m.) every day.
- With a 60% response rate of all elementary teachers in K-5 schools, 71% (263) of teachers prefer the early release Wednesday option.
- Of the 74 parent group leaders who responded, 44% prefer the early release Wednesday option while 56% prefer the shortened day option.
This decision is to accommodate the loss of half of the specials (art, music, PE) in elementary schools due to the reduction of the M & O override. Next year, the early release time will be at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. Read Full Update
- Students in Kiva’s 3-year old program do not “roll up” into the 4-year old program for the 2014-15 school year. Likewise, 4-year olds will not automatically “roll up” into Kindergarten. Parents will have to complete the enrollment process again. Enrollment for the 3- and 4-year old programs will be handled through the Community Education department of SUSD. Please feel free to call (480) 484-7900 or visit http://susdcommunityed.org/earlylearning/ with any questions regarding these programs.
- Incoming Kindergarteners will need to be enrolled through the Centralized Enrollment Office. This office is located at 3811 N. 44th St., Phoenix. Their phone number is (480) 484-6110. Please check www.susd.org for their hours as they often change as enrollment becomes busier. See below for the enrollment method that applies to your family.
Boundary KINDERGARTEN Students
- For Kindergarten students that have their primary residence within the Kiva boundary, the priority enrollment period runs from January 9th – 30th, 2014. Enrollments for these students will continue after Jan. 30th, but they will no longer be a priority group. A parent’s/guardian’s first step will be to complete the on-line enrollment forms at www.susd.org. Once complete, the enrollment program will prompt the parent to print a confirmation page. This page will need to be presented at the Centralized Enrollment office along with the required documents (a certified birth certificate for the student (no photo copies), immunization record, proof of residency, guardianship/custody/court documents (if applicable) and parent ID). Once this process is complete the enrolling parent will receive a Student Release form from their enrollment technician. This form will need to be delivered to the school site as verification that all requirements have been met and that student is ready for the new school year. Only parents or legal guardians can enroll a student. Step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or other relatives or friends cannot complete this process unless they have legally supported guardianship or custody.
Boundary Students in Grades 1 – 5
- Enrollment for students that have their primary residence within the Kiva boundary, will begin February 24th, 2014. Parents/guardians will need to follow the above procedure and complete the online enrollment forms, then provide the required documents to the enrollment office. They too will receive a Student Release form that will need to be brought to the school site to verify completion of the enrollment process.
Open Enrollment for Grades K - 5
- If Kiva is not your home school, the first step is to request an Open Enrollment. The priority time frame is December 1st, 2013 – January 15th, 2014. This request can be done in person at the Centralized Enrollment office or on-line at http://openenrollment.susd.org. Acceptance notifications will be made on February 15, 2014. On or after this date, parents will need to log-in to their Open Enrollment account to see if their student has been accepted, waitlisted or declined.
- Once an acceptance notification has been received, parents have from March 1st until March 31, 2014, to finish the enrollment process by completing the online forms and then presenting the required documents at the Centralized Enrollment office. Required documents are a certified birth certificate for the student (no photo copies), immunization record, proof of residency, guardianship/custody/court documents (if applicable) and parent ID. Only parents or legal guardians can enroll a student. Step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles or other relatives or friends cannot complete this process unless they have legally supported guardianship or custody. If this process is not completed by the March 31st deadline it will result in the forfeiture of the open enrollment acceptance. Once the enrolling parent has completed all requirements with the enrollment office they will receive a Student Release form. This form will need to be presented at the school site as verification that all requirements have been met and that student is ready for the new school year.
Kindness • Integrity • Volunteers • Academics